These Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets are the bomb-diggity! I’ve been making these every year for over a decade and they always are a smash hit. This has always remained a secret recipe until now!! I have never given out this recipe before so my secrets are finally being revealed!!
Here is the beyond awesome part, they are super quick and easy and TASTE AMAZING!!!!! So if you are running around looking for something sweet to serve for your Christmas Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Dessert Table or whatever….look no further, you have found the perfect dessert.
I have even gone and bought a snack size bag of peanut butter nuggets and made a mini serving to box up and take as a hostess gift, in under 15 minutes so trust me these are a great sweet treat of a trick to have up your sleeve:)
I guarantee if you make these you will get RAVE REVIEWS. These are the BEST chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel nuggets ever!!!!
Let’s get this peanut butter party STARTED!!!
BEST EVER Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets Drizzled with Peanut Butter
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
Makes: 240 Pretzel Nuggets (so you can easily cut this in half if you wish)
3 Bags of Milk Chocolate Wafers (I use the make and mold brand but any of them will work)
1 Bag of Peanut Butter Wafers
1 24 oz Container of Peanut Butter Filled Pretzel Nuggets
***You can buy any peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets, I have personally tried every single brand, Herr’s, Trader Joe’s, Costco, Walmart, Wegman’s, and K-mart…..K-mart’s Brand Smart Sense is the best and Trader Joe’s was the absolute worst. Herr’s is a close second, if that helps:)***
Plastic Disposable Storage Bowls/Containers
1. Prep your workspace by laying down wax paper.
2. Put both bags of chocolate wafers in a microwaveable safe plastic bowl and then in the microwave for 5 minutes at 30% power. My microwave is super hot and strong, so you can adjust the amount of power depending on your microwave. At 30% power you cannot go wrong to start.
I just keep stirring the chocolate and checking on it often until it is perfectly smooth when I stir it. You will have to reheat your chocolate at least once while covering the whole 24 oz container of pretzel bites. When your chocolate starts to get clumpy, simply stop and reheat:)
Never microwave the chocolate on full power, it will burn.
3. Once your chocolate is melted, get your container of pretzel nuggets and 2 plastic forks. Take a handful of nuggets and drop them into the chocolate. Carefully fold the chocolate over the nuggets.
4. When your nuggets are nice and coated with chocolate start lifting them out and placing them on the wax paper to dry. (in the beginning you can go one by one…once you get the hang of it you can do 2-3 at a time, just make sure the pretzel nuggets are separated from each other and not in a massive clump)
5. Once you have coated all your nuggets in chocolate, leave them to dry.
6. Take your bag of peanut butter wafers and pour about 3/4 of the bag into a paper bowl. Put them in the microwave for 3-4 minutes on a power of 30%. The peanut butter always takes longer than the milk chocolate.
7. Once your peanut butter is nice and melted, you can either put it into a Ziploc bag and cut a corner of it to drizzle over your chocolate covered pretzel nuggets or simply dip in your fork and basically splatter it all over your pretzel nuggets. Either way you go it will look fantastic!!!
8. Once dry, they are ready to eat!!! Box them up as gifts or put them on a tray to be shared immediately. I always save the huge 24 oz. container and use it to store as many pretzel nuggets as it will hold.
*IMPORTANT NOTE-Do not let water get near your melted chocolate or it will literally go kaput!!!
Tomorrow I will be doing a post on making boxes for your amazing Sweet Treats as well as Gorgeous Gift Wrapping Inspiration!!!!
Enjoy your last minute holiday to-do’s and remember to breathe:)!!!